Yeo Tze Hern (Singapore YouTuber)
Yeo Tze Hern
|Education||Bachelor of Communication Studies|
|Alma mater||Nanyang Technological University|
Yeo Tze Hern (born 1993) who is more commonly known by his social media handle, YEOLO, is a Singaporean writer, YouTuber and content creator. In November 2020, Yeo Tze Hern was a featured speaker in two programmes that were a part of the Singapore Writers Festival. As of November 2020, he has over 34,000 followers on Instagram, 41,000 subscribers on YouTube and 13,000 likes on Facebook. Yeo Tze Hern first made the news in 2016 for his viral video in which he made Singlish puns that were derived from IKEA's Swedish furniture names.
Yeo Tze Hern was a student at Temasek Junior College from 2009 to 2011 where he was a part of the drama club. He then furthered his studies at Nanyang Technological University's (NTU) Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI) where he graduated with a degree in communication studies in 2018. While at NTU, he was a member of the Communication & Information (C&I) Club. In 2017, Tze Hern worked on an independent publication titled The Bench Press to commemorate WKWSCI’s 25th anniversary. As an undergraduate student, Yeo Tze Hern interned at The Hoffman Agency and onedash22.
As of September 2022, Yeo Tze Hern regularly updates his social media channels with independently produced content.
YEOLO - YouTube
Yeo Tze Hern’s YouTube channel was established on 28 October 2011. His first video, "Singlish IKEA Puns", was uploaded on 31 July 2016. As of August 2020, he has uploaded over 80 videos on his channel and garnered over three million views. His satirical videos focus on local content and controversial incidents. His most viewed video is titled “I Watched Singapore Social So You Don’t Have To” with over 292,000 views. The video is the first episode of YEOLO's eight-part series titled "Searching for Prawns" in which he reacts to all the Singapore Social episodes.
yeolo.sg - Facebook & Instagram
Aside from regularly uploading videos on YouTube, Yeo Tze Hern is also active on Facebook and Instagram, where he posts short videos and memes. He has also made other viral videos on Facebook, such as “Spooky Szn” and “World’s Best Shopping Mall”, which have received over 5,000 and 4,000 shares respectively as of August 2020.
- Huang, Bernice. “11-year-old's song about poverty moves audience”. Asia One. March 19, 2009. Accessed on 19 August 2020.
- "Spill The Tea". Singapore Writers Festival. Accessed on 23 November 2020.
- "#thoughtsandprayers". Singapore Writers Festival. Accessed on 23 November 2020.
- YEOLO. “SINGLISH IKEA PUNS”. YouTube. July 31, 2016. Accessed on 18 August 2020.
- Lim, Serene. “Student behind Ikea Singlish viral video surprised by how Singlish transcends borders”. TODAYonline. August 3, 2016. Accessed on 18 August 2020.
- Temasek Junior College. Facebook. September 24, 2016. Accessed on 19 August 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.facebook.com/Temasek.Junior.College/posts/yeo-tze-herns-attempt-at-feeling-at-home-away-from-home-saw-him-adding-a-local-f/10154622108420955/
- Tze Hern Yeo. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed on 19 August 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tzehernyeo/
- “Yeo Tze Hern”. Nanyang Technological University. n.d. Accessed on 19 August 2020.
- Sam, Zan. “And The Winners Are…”. Nanyang Technological University. November, 2017. Accessed on 20 August 2020.
- WKWSCI Alumni Magazine. “Syahidah Alim Wins The Emerging Star Award”. YouTube. May 8, 2019. Accessed on 20 August 2020.
- “The Bench Press”. Tze Hern. n.d. Accessed on 21 August 2020.
- BLKJ. Facebook. n.d. Accessed on 19 August 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.facebook.com/pg/weareblkj/about/?ref=page_internal
- “Scoot”. Tze Hern. n.d. Accessed on 21 August 2020.
- “Gojek”. Tze Hern. n.d. Accessed on 21 August 2020.
- YEOLO. YouTube. n.d. Accessed on 18 August 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/c/YEOLO/about
- YEOLO. "SINGLISH IKEA PUNS". YouTube. July 13, 2016. Accessed on 25 August 2020.
- YEOLO. "I Watched Singapore Social So You Don't Have To". YouTube. November 19, 2019. Accessed on 25 August 2020.
- YEOLO. "Searching For Prawns | YEOLO". YouTube. November 26, 2019. Accessed on 25 August 2020.
- YEOLO. "SPOOKY SZN". Facebook. October 14, 2019. Accessed on 25 August 2020.
- YEOLO. "WORLD'S BEST SHOPPING MALL". Facebook. April 16, 2019. Accessed on 25 August 2020.