Lim Shi-An (Singapore Actress)
|Education||Bachelor of Arts (Theatre Studies) Bachelor of Arts (Business Management Second Major)|
|Alma mater||National University of Singapore (NUS) School of The Arts, Singapore (SOTA)|
Lim Shi-An (born 1998) is a Singaporean actress, graphic designer and talent signed to Faces Talent Management.
Early life and family
Lim Shi-An was born in 1998 in Singapore to local actors Tan Kheng Hua and Lim Yu-Beng. The pair are currently divorced. Shi-An has mentioned that growing up exposed to film and theatre from a young age made her consider a career in those fields.
Shi-An attended School of The Arts, Singapore (SOTA) from 2011 to 2016. Following this, she enrolled in the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2017, where she double majored in Theatre Studies and Business Management. She graduated from NUS in 2021.
Shi-An debuted as a child actress in the 2011 short Balik Kampung, where she played the young version of the main character Faye. In 2013, she played the role of Hue-lin in Episode 6 of Australian-Singaporean drama series Serangoon Road. She also acted alongside her father, Lim Yu-beng, in the meWATCH apocalyptic drama Sephia in 2021. In addition to these, Shi-An has also appeared in the music videos of local artistes like The Sam Willows and Gentle Bones.
According to Shi-An’s LinkedIn profile, she has interned and worked at various companies over the years:
|Designation and Company||Duration||Ref.|
|Print Production Artist (Freelance), Hogarth Worldwide||January 2022 - Present (November 2022)|||
|Print Designer (Freelance), Love Bonito||April 2022 - May 2022|||
|Head Illustrator & Associate Editor, blurb||April 2020 - January 2022|||
|Print Design Assistant, Love Bonito||July 2021 - August 2021|||
|Print Design Intern, Love Bonito||July 2020 - July 2021|||
|Design Intern, Temasek Life Sciences Accelerator||May 2020 - November 2020|||
|Publicity Manager for The Page On Stage 2019, The Arts House||January 2019 - April 2019|||
|Salesperson, Guerlain||April 2017 - July 2017|||
|Courier, Deliveroo||January 2017 - April 2017|||
Film and television
|2022||meWATCH||Third Rail||Yen||Thriller drama|||
|2021||meWATCH||Sephia||Guest role||Apocalyptic drama|||
|2013||HBO Asia||Serangoon Road||Hue-lin||Drama|||
|2011||Huestripes Productions||Balik Kampung||Young Faye||Short film|||
|2018||Gareth Fernandez||My Heartbreak Song|||
|2017||The Sam Willows||Save Myself|||
|2016||Gentle Bones||Run Tell Daddy|||
Her World (2022)
As part of Her World’s ‘Age Is Just A Number’ feature series, Shi-An sat down with them for an interview published on May 9, 2022. In this interview, she talks about how her mother has been an inspiration to her, as well as her plans after graduation and ageing in the acting industry.
“My parents have given me a lot of freedom, and my friends have joked that ‘reverse psychology’ has occurred. I’m super guai (well-behaved), but maybe it’s because of my character. I’m very grateful for it, because there’s never been a time where I had felt pressure to think or act in a certain way, and that was the greatest takeaway from them giving me this freedom. It’s not like I can go out and do whatever I want, but it’s more like I know they will support me in whatever decisions I choose to make, as long as these are grounded in good things.”
She also talks about how looking younger than a lot of her peers can be both a good and bad thing in her industry. On one hand, many tell her that it is a good thing as it “increases the longevity of [her] career”, but Shi-An says that this also limits the type of characters she can play. She also mentions future plans to act while freelancing as a graphic designer.
“Since I graduated, my goal is to find what I’m passionate about and, of course, making a decent living while at it. I want to see where acting takes me, because I genuinely love it.”
- “Lim Shi An”. Faces Talent Management. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Chia, Amelia. “Tan Kheng Hua opens up about romance, sexuality and Asian representation in Hollywood”. Vogue Singapore. September 27, 2020. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Lim, Shi-An. “Education”. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- “Balik Kampung”. IMDb. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- “Serangoon Road S1E6 - Tracks of My Tears”. IMDb. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Toh, Ziyi. “Tan Kheng Hua & Lim Yu-Beng’s Daughter Says She And Xiang Yun's Daughter Chen Yixin Are "Basically Sisters" Now”. 8Days. October 15, 2022. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- “Lim Shi An CV”. Faces Talent Management. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Content Distribution. “Third Rail”. Mediacorp. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- mediacorpch5 & shiiiannn. “𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙈𝙄𝙀𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙈𝙄𝘿𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏!”. Instagram. October 16, 2022. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Lim, Shi-An. “Experience”. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- GARETH FERNANDEZ. “Gareth Fernandez - My Heartbreak Song (Official Music Video)”. YouTube. February 13, 2018. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- The Sam Willows. “The Sam Willows - Save Myself (Official Lyric Video)”. YouTube. July 14, 2017. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Gentle Bones. “Gentle Bones - Run Tell Daddy”. YouTube. June 8, 2016. Accessed on 1 November 2022.
- Tan, Chelsia. “Actress Lim Shi-An On How Looking Young Can Be A Double-Edged Sword”. Her World. May 9, 2022. Accessed on 1 November 2022.