Eezee (Singapore Business)
Founded in 2016, Eezee is an e-commerce platform specialising in B2B (business to business) sales for business and industrial supplies. According to Eezee’s website, the company is Singapore’s largest platform for the procurement of industrial and business supplies.
While previously working as the head of finance and procurement at local construction firm Hock Hai Civil Engineering, Logan faced problems procuring items due to the inefficiency of suppliers and their websites. Elaborating on this issue in a 2019 interview with Vulcan Post, he was quoted as having said:
“A typical civil engineering project will have procurement requirements of more than 300 products. Imagine emailing and calling up three vendors for every product, how much time will that take?”
With this problem in mind and noticing the lack of e-commerce platforms serving businesses in Singapore, Logan decided that the solution would be to create a business to business (B2B) e-commerce platform.
According to a post by Eezee founder Logan Tan, the initial Eezee team consisted of himself and four other individuals, Darius, Denny, Jason and Sherwin. Logan took on the role of CEO, while Darius was the operations manager, Denny as the finance manager, Jason as the sales and marketing manager and Sherwin as the technology officer. All four individuals have since left Eezee due to differing commitments.
Current co-founders Jasper Yap and Terrence Goh joined Eezee in 2017 after being connected to CEO Logan Tan through a mutual friend from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, where all three of them studied.
In 2020, Jasper Yap and Terrence Goh were featured on Forbes’ ‘30 Under 30’ list under the retail and e-commerce category. The ‘30 Under 30’ list seeks to recognise entrepreneurs under the age of 30 who have been changemakers in their respective industries.
The following is a list of Eezee’s current management and their role in the company.
|Logan Tan||June 2017 - current||Chief executive officer|||
|Jasper Yap||May 2017 - current||Chief technology officer|||
|Terrence Goh||May 2017 - current||Chief design officer|||
Logan Tan is an alumnus of Ngee Ann Polytechnic, having studied there from 2005 to 2007 and graduating with a diploma in business. From 2010 to 2012, he completed his tertiary education at the University of London, obtaining a Bachelor of Science majoring in banking and finance.
Since June 2017, Logan Tan has been the chief executive officer (CEO) of Eezee, where he spearheads the company’s direction. Prior to co-founding Eezee, Logan worked as a business development manager at DBS Bank for two years and then as head of finance and procurement at Hock Hai Civil Engineering for three years.
Born in 1994, Jasper Yap attended Nan Chiau Primary School and Pei Hwa Secondary School for his primary and secondary education respectively.
Due to a dysfunctional childhood, Jasper picked up vices such as glue sniffing, drug abuse and mixing with the wrong crowd in his early teens, eventually being arrested for vehicle theft and robbery in 2009. He was sent to the Boys’ Home for rehabilitation for two years and was released in 2011. Speaking to The Straits Times in a 2018 interview, he was quoted as having said the following about his experience:
“That first night I spent in the Boys’ Home, I remember crying myself to sleep. I was just trapped here with all these other boys. I was locked up in this cell because I did something wrong. I’m thankful that in the Boys’ Home, I had the chance to study. The results came out and I topped the Boys’ Home (cohort). It was the first time that I did something right in my life. My parents were proud. And that feeling (of success)? I was addicted to it.”
After going back to secondary school and achieving six points for his GCE N’ Levels, Jasper Yap enrolled in the Diploma of Aerospace Technology at Ngee Ann Polytechnic through the Polytechnic Foundation Programme, graduating as the valedictorian of his cohort. 
Since May 2017, Jasper Yap has been the chief technology officer (CTO) for Eezee, utilising his expertise in software development to lead his team in business technology and data management strategies.
From 2009 to 2012, Terrence Goh attended Catholic High School for his secondary education. From 2014 to 2017, he studied in Ngee Ann Polytechnic together with fellow co-founder Jasper Yap, graduating as a scholar with a Diploma with Merit in Multimedia and Animation.
Since May 2017, Terrence Goh has been the chief design officer of Eezee, utilising his expertise in user experience (UX) to optimise Eezee’s website navigation and brand identity.
Through identifying the gaps in suppliers’ websites and businesses, Logan, Jasper and Terrence have streamlined the procurement process for business and industrial supplies through Eezee. This includes having suppliers provide product specifications for their products and allowing businesses to compare product prices between various suppliers.
According to Eezee’s website, their clients have included businesses from the public and private sectors such as ST Engineering, Decathlon, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and SMRT.
Two years after its inception, Eezee reportedly had over 200 suppliers supplying over 17,200 products on its website in 2018, together with over S$40,000 in revenue. According to Vulcan Post in 2019, Eezee tripled their number of suppliers, coming close to 700 suppliers and having over 30,000 products listed on their website. CEO Logan Tan spoke about Eezee’s growth, saying:
“We are quite pleased with Eezee’s growth to date and we are currently the largest B2B industrial procurement marketplace (in Singapore). We have been awarded long-term, multi-million dollar contracts with large corporates in the past six months, and we intend to scale that up.”
In September 2019, Eezee raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Singapore-based technology venture capital firm Insignia Ventures. Seed funding refers to the first stage of investment for a company, with the amount of money invested being used to finance aspects such as product development or website optimisation.
With the capital raised from their seed funding in 2019, Eezee’s team plans to expand and further their footprint in Asia as well as acquire more customers from the corporate industry. In the next few years, Eezee plans to enter overseas markets in countries such as Australia, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Citations / References
- Eezee. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 15 December, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/company/eezee-pte-ltd/about/
- “About Us”. Eezee B2B Marketplace. n.d. Accessed 15 December, 2020.
- Abudheen, Sainul. “Infightings, quitting of key people didn’t deter this entrepreneur from realising his dream”. The Independent Singapore. October 8, 2018. Accessed 16 December, 2020.
- Tan, Logan. “How Eezee Started – From Idea to Execution”. Eezee B2B Marketplace. 2017. Accessed 17 December, 2020.
- Tan, Alanna. “He Built An 'Amazon For Businesses' - Now It's Where Razer, Rolls-Royce, SPF Buy Supplies”. Vulcan Post. December 24, 2019. Accessed 16 December, 2020.
- “Eezee”. Forbes. n.d. Accessed 16 December, 2020.
- “30 Under 30 2020”. Forbes. n.d. Accessed 16 December, 2020.
- Logan T. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 16 December, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/in/eezee-ja/
- Jasper Yap 叶官杰. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 16 December, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasperykj/?originalSubdomain=sg
- Terrence Goh. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 16 December, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/in/terrence~goh/
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Facebook. October 9, 2018. Accessed 15 December, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/ngeeannpoly/posts/despite-earlier-setbacks-np-alumni-logan-tan-and-darius-ong-decided-to-seek-help/10156679874544798/
- Tan, Theresa. “Former gangster, now entrepreneur”. The Straits Times. August 29, 2018. Accessed 15 December, 2020.
- Thampuran, Arya Shree. “They overcame adversity to become top students – and found love”. The New Paper. August 25, 2016. Accessed 15 December, 2020.
- The Straits Times. “Generation Grit: From gangster to budding entrepreneur”. Youtube. August 27, 2018. Accessed 16 December, 2020.
- Cordon, Miguel. “Singapore B2B marketplace Eezee gets seed funding from Insignia Ventures”. Tech In Asia. September 30, 2019. Accessed 16 December, 2020.
- Reiff, Nathan. “Series A, B, C Funding: How It Works”. Investopedia. March 5, 2020. Accessed 16 December, 2020.