Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw (International Model)
|Born||3 August 1995|
|Alma mater||King’s College London|
Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw, is an International model and TV personality of Chinese and English descent. She is signed to Basic Models Management (Singapore), Select Model Management Paris, Wonderwall Management (Milan), and MGM Models (Hamburg). She currently resides in Singapore with her partner. As of September 2022, she has 125k followers on Instagram, 17.9k followers on TikTok and 4.63k subscribers on Instagram.
Early life & family
Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw was born in England on 3 August 1995. Her mother is from Shanghai and her father is from England. She has three other siblings, an older sister, Jodie Cheng-Bradshaw, and two younger sisters, Ella Cheng-Bradshaw and Hannah Cheng-Bradshaw. She moved to Singapore at the age of 10 and is a permanent resident who currently resides here.
“My family moved to Singapore because my dad’s job brought us all here, and I guess I didn’t really notice how it was as a third culture kid because I’ve been moving around my whole life. The only thing that I noticed is that it takes some time to explain to people where I’m from: My dad’s English, my mum’s Chinese, but I live in Singapore. Yes, I sound American because I went to an American school. No, I’ve never lived in the States...”
Aimee was enrolled in the Singapore American School and was an active member of the Dance Club. She graduated in 2013. She went on to study psychology and biology at King’s College London and made the Dean’s List upon graduation with a Bachelor's degree (Hons) in Psychology.
“It was a very big decision to step back from my modelling career to study. It was also so much more difficult than I had anticipated when it came to balancing between modelling and my studies. At the end of it all, I’m so glad that I got to achieve both to my best potential.”
Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw began her modelling career at the age of 13 after being talent-spotted on the streets. Her first shoot was for local jewellery label Chameleon. Growing up she has had modelling gigs in countries such as Hong Kong. At present, she is signed to Basic Models (Singapore) and has worked with brands such as LongChamp, Anessa, Olay, SilkyGirl graced the covers of magazines such as VOGUE, HerWorld, Shape, Nylon, M-Lifestyle, and L'OFFICIEL.
“I was walking around in a mall with my mum, and a guy came up to me and said, “Do you wanna be a model?” A few days later, my mum took me to the agency and that was where I met my booker, Bonita [Ma]. She briefed me on the various aspects of modelling and what was required. So I tried it out, and subsequently, I got accepted into the agency.”
Singapore Fashion Week (2016, 2017)
Aimee walked for Tiffany & Co, Nida Shay, Exhibit, and Ong Shunmugam at Singapore Fashion Week (2016). She also walked the runway for Dian Pelangi, Lim Kok Wing, and local fashion brands Gin Lee and Ling Wu at Singapore Fashion Week (2017).
Spin instructor (2020 - present)
Aimee began a stint as a spin instructor at a boutique spin studio, Ground Zero, back in November 2020. She attended an open call for spin instructors, and taught her first solo class in February 2021.
Asia’s Next Top Model (Season 3)
Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw was one of the contestants in Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 3 which aired in 2015, and the only contestant on the show from Singapore. The season was filmed in Singapore and Aimee ended up making it to the top three. Aimee was 19 years old at the time of filming.
“If you had asked me in the first week of shooting if I could have gotten this far, I would have said no. I was so self-conscious and uncomfortable in front of the cameras, but I took it week by week and I think I got into that model mentality. The other two final contestants were incredibly strong, so just the fact that I was in the finals, I feel good about myself.”
- Calm Collective. “Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw”. Calm Collective Asia. n.d. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- models. “Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw”. models. n.d. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- aimeechengbradshaw. “Here’s to a new life chapter ☺️ Not a bad view for a home, if you ask me…both inside and outside 😁”. Instagram. June 14, 2022. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- aimeechengbradshaw. “Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw”. Instagram. n.d. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- aimeechengbradshaw. “Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw”. TikTok. n.d. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- AimeeChengBradshawOfficial. “Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw”. YouTube. n.d. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- aimeechengbradshaw. “We had a smashing good time 💥🛠 TANTRUMMMMM”. Instagram. January 26, 2021. Accessed 1 September 2022.
- Sng, Ler Jun. “Local Model Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw Is Breaking the Mould”. Hoolah. n.d. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Koh, Xin Tian. “PASSION AND PROCESS: AIMEE CHENG-BRADSHAW”. Singapore American School. July 20, 2017. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Lee, Benita. “Interview: Aimee Rose Cheng-Bradshaw”. TimeOut. March 25, 2015. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Yip, Jieying. “Model Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw's Parents Cut Her Off Financially At 18”. 8Days. November 17, 2017. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- “AIMEE CHENG-BRADSHAW”. Basic Models. n.d. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Yap, Wy-Lene. “Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw: An Aspiring Entrepreneur”. Hnworth. January 14, 2016. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Bruce, Niki. “We Love Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw, And You Will Too!”. Her World. November 3, 2016. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Bruce, Niki. “Opinion: The best, the worst and the scandals at Singapore Fashion Week 2017 …”. HoneyCombers. October 30, 2017. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw. “HOW I BECAME A SPIN INSTRUCTOR (PART 1) | Audition + Training Q+A | Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw”. YouTube. June 5, 2021. Accessed 4 September 2022.
- Yip, Wai Yee. “In top 3 of Asia's Next Top Model, Singapore's Aimee Cheng-Bradshaw unfazed by comments on her weight”. The Straits Times. June 18, 2015. Accessed 4 September 2022.