|Alma mater||National University of Singapore|
Novita Lam (born in 1994) is a Singaporean Banker at Citibank. She is best known for being a beauty and lifestyle influencer who currently has over 305,000 followers on Instagram and 60,400 followers on TikTok.
Background[edit | edit source]
Personal life & family[edit | edit source]
Novita Lam was born in 1994 to Indonesian-Chinese parents and has a brother and older sister, Heinrich and Stephanie Lam. As part of the 放个大招给你看 (translates to Let Me Show You A Big Move) trend on TikTok, she also revealed her mandarin name, 林竹意.
Education[edit | edit source]
Novita had been enrolled at the National University of Singapore (NUS) from between 2013 and 2017. During this time, she was often involved in Summer and Exchange programs at overseas institutions like Fudan University, HEC Paris, and Imperial College Business School.
In 2018, she officially graduated from NUS with a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), Finance (hons).
Career[edit | edit source]
Social media influencer (Present)[edit | edit source]
Novita Lam is active on social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok, where she often posts aesthetic photos of her travels across the globe. She also shares beauty tips and products, as well as her fitness journey. Currently, she has amassed over 305,000 followers on Instagram and 60,400 followers on TikTok.
Paid partnerships[edit | edit source]
She is often seen to participate in advertisements and paid partnerships with both local and international brands, including Shopee, Lazada, and Pocari Sweat. In fact, other than her day-to-day TikToks, many of her partnerships on the platform have gone viral. As of July 2022, her post for Under Armour managed to rack up over 388,000 views.
Making the news for her trip to Germany during the Covid-19 Pandemic (October 2, 2021)[edit | edit source]
On 2 October 2021, local newspaper The Straits Times published an article on the Singapore-Germany Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) Scheme. Novita Lam had been interviewed and featured as one of the members of the first tour group from Singapore to leave for Germany, which had departed on 22 September in the same year. Her group was among the first in not just Singapore, but also Asia to travel in Germany since the Pandemic.
Speaking to The Straits Times, she spoke of her first overseas trip in a while and commented that there were “fewer people crowding the streets and squares than in Singapore”.
“The step towards normality feels reassuring."
- Novita Lam on the reopening of borders during the Pandemic.
Banker (2018 to 2020)[edit | edit source]
Novita worked as a full-time banker with Citibank Singapore from January 2018 to September 2020. She has continued to post TikToks of her work every now and then, which appears to be in a corporate environment. However, it is unclear whether she has since taken on a similar role at a different company.
Product Marketing Intern (2017)[edit | edit source]
During her penultimate year at NUS, Novita became a Product Marketing Intern at the Bank of Singapore.
Business analyst (2015 to 2016)[edit | edit source]
During her exchange at Fudan University, Novita took up the role of Business Analyst at 6e Digital from August 2015 to July 2016.
References / Citations[edit | edit source]
- Lam, Novita. “Novita Lam”. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novitalam”. Instagram. n.d. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novita.lam”. TikTok. n.d. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Heinrich. “heinrichlam”. Instagram. n.d. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Stephanie. “stephielam09”. Instagram. n.d. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novita.lam”. TikTok. November 25, 2021. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novitalam”. Instagram. December 7, 2020. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novitalam”. Instagram. May 26, 2020. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novitalam”. Instagram. June 3, 2020. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Lam, Novita. “novita.lam”. TikTok. May 12, 2022. Accessed 29 July 2022.
- Wortz, Tilman. “Over 1,000 people have travelled under S'pore-Germany Vaccinated Travel Lane scheme”. The Straits Times. October 2, 2021. Accessed 29 July 2022.