17 October 1993
|Education||Degree in Accountancy|
|Alma mater||Chongzheng Primary School, Tanjong Katong Girls Secondary School, Temasek Junior College, Singapore Management University (SMU)|
|Spouse(s)||Matthias Lim (m. 2019)|
Mongchin Yeoh, also known by her social media handle Mongabong, is a Singaporean lifestyle blogger and YouTuber (YouTube Channel). As of July 2019, she has more than 219,000 followers on Instagram and more than 74,000 subscribers on YouTube. Mongchin has worked with other Singaporean content creators such as TreePotatoes, ZULA and The Smart Local.
In primary school, Mongchin took up choir and Chinese dance as her co-curricular activities. She continued her studies at Tanjong Katong Girls School (TKGS) and was elected as Captain for her school’s badminton team. After secondary school, she enrolled in Temasek Junior College through her Badminton skills via the Direct School Admission (DSA) scheme. She later furthered her studies at Singapore Management University (SMU) and graduated with a bachelor's degree in accountancy. In an interview with ZULA as part of the series 'ZULA Beauty Profiles', Mongchin revealed that her popularity started in SMU when she was freelancing as a model for various blogshops.
In 2013, Mongchin started dating her schoolmate, Matthias. In December 2017, she was told to film a sponsored video for a jewellery client with her boyfriend without realising that it was a surprise proposal. As of July 2019, the video of the surprise proposal has more than 173,000 views on her YouTube channel, making it one of her most popular uploads. Mongchin and Matthias held their wedding at Pan Pacific Singapore on 23 March 2019.
Who Runs the World with Mong Chin (2018)
In collaboration with LIFETIME Asia, Mongchin was chosen to host a travel show for the television channel. The filming took place in various Southeast Asian countries, Papua New Guinea, Maldives and Palau. In the show, she participated in 6 marathons and was tasked to discover the less touristy areas of each country. The series aired on 12 July 2018 and was also featured on the History Channel. Mongchin also documented her travels through vlogs that she uploaded on her YouTube channel.
Blog (2013 - Present Day)
Mongchin started blogging in 2013 as a hobby. She started her blog with posts sharing her personal experience of suffering from eczema since birth. These posts included her recommendations for eczema-friendly beauty products and how else to deal with the medical condition. As of 2019, Mongchin has a variety of written content on her blog ranging from travel to fashion.
YouTube (2013 - Present Day)
Mongchin started her YouTube channel in 2013. Since then, she has published 295 videos (as of July 2019). Her most viewed video is titled “FENTY BEAUTY REVIEW, UNBOXING + (CLOSED) GIVEAWAY + First impressions”, where she gave her personal opinions on the Fenty Beauty line by Rihanna. The video gained more than 635,000 views on YouTube and she also held a giveaway of some beauty products featured in the video.
Mongchin has also been featured in the videos of other Singaporean YouTube channels such as ZULA. In 2019, Mongchin was invited as a guest on the second episode of a new series called 'ZULA Beauty Profiles'. A year earlier, she appeared as a co-host for The Smart Local's 'Hired or Fired' segment.
Mongchin has worked with a significant number of companies. Her main sponsors include Salon Vim Bugis and beauty companies such as Nailed You Good, Dreamlash Korea and The DRx Clinic. She also worked with notable companies such as Clinique, L’Oreal, Dyson, Urban Revivo and Cebu Pacific Airways. In 2017, she collaborated with Vodana and provided a hair tutorial using the company’s hair curler on her channel. With more than 375,000 views on YouTube as of July 2019, the video is currently one of her most highly viewed uploads.
References / Citations
- Yeoh, Mongchin. “50 FACTS ABOUT ME (PART 1)”. Mongabong. September 11, 2013. Accessed on 18 February 2019. Retrieved from: http://www.mongabong.com/2013/09/50-facts-about-me-part-1.html
- Mak, Asher. "Mongabong Explains Her Wedding Sponsorships And Why She Is Thankful For Her Job". ZULA. March 20, 2019. Retrieved from: https://zula.sg/pillow-talk-mongabong/
- MONGABONG. “THE PROPOSAL, MNMCOUPLE (MATT & MONG)”. YouTube. December 17, 2017. Accessed on 18 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GAxZ7FMjIM
- Koh, Cassandra. "MONGCHIN & MATTHIAS' BEAUTIFUL CHURCH WEDDING AND PAN PACIFIC SINGAPORE'S BALLROOM DINNER". Her World. March 25, 2019. Accessed on 24 July 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.herworld.com/weddings/real-weddings/mongchin-matthias-beautiful-church-wedding-pan-pacific-singapore
- Abdul Rahman Azhari. “Singapore influencer ‘Mongabong’ breaks into regional TV with travel show”. Yahoo!. July 20, 2018. Accessed on 19 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://sg.style.yahoo.com/singapore-influencer-mongabong-breaks-regional-tv-travel-show-035248851.html
- Leah C. Salterio. “Being on History a dream come true”. The Philippine Star. August 16, 2018. Accessed on 19 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2018/08/16/1842843/being-history-dream-come-true
- Hong, Sophie. “Mong Chin: “I Had Really Low Self-Esteem.”” Cleo. January 28, 2019. Accessed on 18 January 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.cleo.com.sg/entertain-me/mong-chin-mongabong-interview/
- MONGABONG. “Q&A: MARRIAGE, SOCIAL MEDIA INDUSTRY, FRIENDS ETC”. YouTube. August 5, 2017. Accessed on 18 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eospCcp7GK8
- MONGABONG. “FENTY BEAUTY REVIEW, UNBOXING + (CLOSED) GIVEAWAY + First impressions”. YouTube. October 29, 2017. Accessed on 18 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maN-owxH6kU
- MONGABONG. Blog. Accessed on 19 February 2019. Retrieved from: http://www.mongabong.com/p/sponsors.html
- Tay, Vivienne. “Now following: Mongabong”. Marketing Interactive. June 30, 2017. Accessed on 19 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.marketing-interactive.com/now-following-mongabong/
- MONGABONG. “Natural Korean Waves / Curls Hairstyle | Mongabong”. YouTube. May 27, 2017. Accessed on 19 February 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLJYFaULcg