Sherrine Fu (Singapore Influencer)
Sherrine Fu (born 1996) is a Singaporean beauty and fitness influencer active on Instagram and TikTok. As of January 2023, she has amassed a following of 43.1K on Instagram and 51.3K on TikTok.
Sherrine attended Chung Cheng High School (Main) and Victoria Junior College for her GCE O and A Levels respectively.
Following her graduation from junior college, she enrolled in the National University of Singapore in 2015, where she majored in Business Administration, specialising in Marketing. In 2017, Sherrine had the opportunity to attend the Norwegian School of Economics as part of a student exchange programme, during which she was awarded a NASA scholarship.
Sherrine graduated from NUS with honours in 2019.
According to Sherrine’s LinkedIn profile, she has worked at a variety of companies, particularly in their marketing and/or sales departments:
|Position & Company||Duration||Ref.|
|Assistant Manager, Category Development (Trade Marketing); Nestlé Singapore||June 2021 - Present|||
|Assistant Manager, Sales Revenue Planning (Trade Marketing); Mondelēz International||January 2021 - June 2021|||
|Management Associate, Mondelēz International||July 2019 - December 2020|||
|Educator, lululemon||June 2019 - September 2019|||
|Marketing Intern, eCommerce; 3M||January 2019 - May 2019|||
|Consulting Practicum, L’Oréal Paris; L’Oréal||August 2018 - January 2019|||
|Brand Marketing Intern, La Roche-Posay & Vichy; L’Oréal||January 2018 - July 2018|||
As an influencer, Sherrine has worked with various brands and services like Nu Skin and Studio M Hotel. She also regularly posts workout videos, which include personal tips and sponsored products.
Universal Studios Japan dress code incident (2022)
On 29 December 2022, Sherrine took to TikTok to share how she had almost been barred from entering the Universal Studios Japan theme park in Osaka due to her outfit. According to news reports, Sherrine had been dressed in a hot pink crop top, skirt, skin-coloured leggings and knee-high boots. Sherrine said that this was a typical outfit she would wear in Singapore, with the addition of a scarf and coat for Osaka’s winter weather.
When Sherrine was about to enter the park, she was stopped by two female park staff who had “pointed at [her] skirt”. Since Sherrine could not understand Japanese, the female staff enlisted the help of another English-speaking staff member, who told her to "pull down [her] skirt and zip up [her] winter coat". Sherrine then tried explaining to them that she had leggings on, after which the issue was amicably resolved and she was allowed entry into the park.
Sherrine explained in the now-deleted video that she was sharing the story in the hopes that it can “serve as a PSA for anyone going [to] Japan to follow their dress code and not make the same mistake [she] did”.
In October of 2022, Universal Studios Japan tweeted that guests dressed in “overly revealing outfits” may be asked to leave the park premises. Said tweet came after an incident in which a group of five women dressed in lingerie-like outfits entered Universal Studios and shared photos they took online, sparking backlash against both them and the park.
- ↑ shunicorn_. Instagram. n.d. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ shunicorn_. TikTok. n.d. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Sherrine Fu. “Education”. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Sherrine Fu. “Experience”. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ shunicorn_. “Feeling good in my own skin thanks to @nuskinsg.official ageLOC LumiSpa iO cleansing beauty device! 😌 ”. Instagram. December 18, 2022. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ shunicorn_. “much needed break ☁️”. Instagram. December 9, 2022. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ shunicorn_. “Here are my top 3 gym tips for beginners! 🏋️♀️”. Instagram. November 17, 2022. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 Wee, Timothy. “You shall not pass: Singapore influencer in cute outfit nearly gets turned away by Universal Studios Japan”. AsiaOne. December 30, 2022. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ USJ_Official. “【お願い】さまざまな仮装でパークを楽しむゲストを歓迎していますが、多くのゲストの安心安全のため、ルールとマナーへのご協力をお願いします。 公序良俗に反する服装やパークにふさわしくない過度な露出はお断り、退場いただく場合があります。ご来場前にご確認下さい↓”. Twitter. October 19, 2022. Accessed on 3 January 2023.
- ↑ Baseel, Casey. “Universal Studios Japan issues reminder warning about showing too much skin inside the park”. Sora News 24. October 20, 2022. Accessed on 3 January 2023.