Lev Panfilov (born in 1996) is a Consulting Manager at Confidential. He was formerly a Creative Specialist and Talent for local comedy YouTube channel, Wah!Banana. In May 2023, Lev was accused of raping a woman he met on Tinder. 
Personal life & family
Lev Panfilov was born and raised in Russia, but is now residing in Singapore as a Permanent Resident (PR).
In 2017, Lev graduated from LASALLE College of the Arts with a Diploma in Audio Engineering. Later on, he went on to attain a Certificate in Value Investing, Trading, Commodities, Investments and Securities from Singapore Management University. In May 2022, he began furthering his studies at Birmingham City University, where he pursued a bachelor’s degree in Law.
TEKsystems (2019 to 2020)
At TEKsystems, Lev Panfilov was a Candidate Manager who specialised in contract hiring of flexible resources, according to the needs of clients.
Wah!Banana (2020 to 2021)
Lev was a Creative Specialist who participated in scriptwriting and directing for the popular YouTube channel, Wah!Banana. He was also well-known for his appearances on the channel’s various comedic skits.
“Never would have thought that me watching them videos at 17, I'd once get a chance to be part of such an awesome gang! Massive thanks for everything you've done for me and a great learning experience! you will always be in my heart as the people who gave me an opportunity to be part of the industry.”
Confidential (2015 to 2022)
Trading Consultant (2015 to 2022)
From 2015 to 2017, Lev was a part-time employee at Confidential’s Administrative Support (Logistics) team. Later on, he moved on to work on B/Ls and Contract Assessment, as well as the SAP system for the company.
Consulting Manager (2022 to Present)
Not long after leaving Wah!Banana in 2021, Lev managed to secure the role of Consulting Manager at Confidential, where he is currently involved in the Execurity Search Team and provides professional resourcing and strategic recruitment solutions for clients.
Content creator (2018 to Present)
Lev is an influencer and content creator who documents his life and shares short-form comedic skits via social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram. Most of his TikToks and Instagram Reels cover local themes and relatable scenarios, such as the types of Grab delivery drivers or what it’s like to date in Singapore.
Accused of raping a woman he met on Tinder (2023)
Claiming trial to four charges of molestation, sexual assault, and rape (2023)
In 2021, the plaintiff decided to match with Lev on the dating application, Tinder after she noticed that he was a scriptwriter from his profile. She had planned to get some feedback from Lev as she herself was attempting to write a script.
One 12 January 2021, Lev and the woman arranged to meet at Wine Connection at Robertson Quay, where he later suggested for them to continue working on the script at his residence. The plaintiff alleged that Lev later began advancing on her, forcing a kiss on her, molesting and sexually assaulted her, before raping her.
References / Citations
- Panfilov, Lev. “Lev Panfilov”. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 17 May 2023.
- Tan, Tammi. “Former Wah!Banana Actor Lev Panfilov On Trial For Allegedly Raping Woman He Met Online”. MSNews. May 16, 2023. Accessed 17 May 2023.
- levpanf. “levpanf”. Instagram. n.d. Accessed 17 May 2023.
- levpanf. “Levpanf”. TikTok. n.d. Accessed 17 May 2023.
- Loon, Yee. “Permanent Resident orginated from Russia faces trial for alleged rape charge”. The Online Citizen. May 17, 2023. Accessed 17 May 2023.
- levpanf. “levpanf”. Instagram. April 1, 2021. Accessed 18 May 2023.
- Lim, Lydia. “Former Wah!Banana actor on trial for raping woman he met on Tinder”. CNA. May 16, 2023. Accessed 18 May 2023.
- Lum, Selina. “S’pore-based TikToker on trial for raping woman he met on Tinder”. The Straits Times. May 16, 2023. Accessed 18 May 2023.
- Tan, Fiona. “Former Wah!Banana staff, 27, charged with molesting & raping woman he met on Tinder”. May 16, 2023. Accessed 18 May 2023.
- Frater, Patrick. “Russian Actor Begins Rape Trial in Singapore”. Variety. May 16, 2023. Accessed 18 May 2023.