|Born||5 December 1989|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts (Merchandise Marketing)|
|Alma mater||Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising|
Most recently in January 2021, he was featured as a cast member of Netflix’s reality show Bling Empire. Kane emerged as one of the breakout stars of the show due to his down-to-earth and humorous character, and subsequently received media coverage from several media publications.
Kane Lim was born on 5 December 1989 and is the eldest out of three siblings. Despite various news sites claiming that Kane’s father was a billionaire, Kane himself clarified that his parents are not billionaires, instead helming a billion-dollar company that deals with real estate, oil and shipping.
Kane has also described himself as the “black sheep” of the family, elaborating in a Yahoo!News interview:
“All I can tell you is that my grandparents came from Communist China with nothing. They’re so private; even in the way they dress, they're so simple. They don't flaunt anything. I'm the only one with social media and everything.”
Throughout the years, Kane has also declined to reveal more details about his family, citing privacy reasons.
Kane Lim is an alumnus of Anglo Chinese School (ACS), having studied at its Barker Road institution and later ACS International. From 2010 to 2013, Kane studied at private college Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles, California where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Merchandise Marketing.
Kane Lim is a practicing Buddhist, having been introduced to the religion in 2018 by one of his friends. In a 2021 interview with Tatler Hong Kong, he was quoted as having said the following about his faith:
“About three years ago, I was in a bad place and was overweight, depressed and didn’t know what to do with my life. A friend introduced me to Buddhism and I had a very spiritual moment and when I dived into the understanding of Buddhism and studied it, it just became one of the only religions that made sense to me. When I went deeper, I got a hold of what life meant and the cause and effect of things.” 
According to Kane himself, he started investing as a teenager after he took a loan from his father. He repaid his father within two months and subsequently made his first seven figure sum at the age of 19. Kane then invested in stocks and fashion with the funds he amassed and started his investment firm.
As seen from his Instagram and as reported by The Straits Times, Kane Lim has an extensive shoe collection totalling over 300 pairs. In a 2018 interview with The New Paper, Kane was quoted as having said the following:
“I have walked into a designer shoe store and said, 'I'll take one pair of everything you have in every colour, I'll take it all'.”
Kix Capital (current)
From Kane’s profile on property management firm Padme Services, which he is involved in, he is the founder and president of Kix Capital, an investment firm dealing in biomedicine, real estate and energy investments. 
Bling Empire (January 2021)
In January 2021, Kane Lim appeared as one of the cast members of Bling Empire on Netflix, a reality series depicting the lives of real life wealthy Asians in Los Angeles, California. According to alternative news site Mothership, Kane sourced out cast members for the show together with friend and fellow cast member Kelly Mi Li.
Besides managing his business and being a social media influencer, Kane Lim has also taken part in philanthropic causes, such as raising money for the Singapore Red Cross and St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in America. Speaking to The New Paper in 2015 about giving up his luxury goods for charitable causes, Kane was quoted as having said:
“I am fortunate enough to enjoy these high fashion items at a young age. It's fulfilling when I can sell them for charity and see where the proceeds go to."
Kane Lim has also been observed participating in charitable causes on his Instagram account such as volunteering with Miracles for Kids, a California-based non-profit organisation dedicated to helping the families of critically ill children. In July 2017, Kane attended a charity gala organised by the Sian Chay Medical Institution where he and his father managed to raise over ten million dollars for the organisation.
Due to his social status and wealthy lifestyle, Kane Lim has been featured by several major media publications over the years. The following is a non-exhaustive list of Kane Lim’s media features.
|2021||The Straits Times|||
|2015||The New Paper|||
Citations / References
- kanelk_k. Instagram. n.d. Accessed 29 January, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/kanelk_k/?hl=en
- “About Us”. Padme Services. n.d. Accessed 29 January, 2021.
- Yong, Nicole. “20 Kane Lim Facts Including His Family, How He Amassed His Wealth & Bling Empire Season 2 News”. ZULA.sg. January 26, 2021. Accessed 29 January, 2021.
- Kane Lim. LinkedIn. n.d. Accessed 29 January, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/in/kane-lim-6271204a/
- Lee, Jan. “Keeping up with Kane Lim”. The Straits Times. January 28, 2021. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- Tan, Tammi. “Bling Empire’s Kane Lim Was So Disappointed By His Parents’ Reaction To The Show’s Success, He Unsent His Messages In The Group Chat”. 8 Days. January 21, 2021. Accessed 2 February, 2021.
- “Bling Empire cast ages: How old are the Netflix cast?”. PopBuzz. n.d. Accessed 29 January, 2021.
- kanelk_k. Instagram. December 7, 2020. Accessed 29 January, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/p/CIeYJlWDuux/
- Teng, Yong Ping. “Singaporean crazy rich Asian Kane Lim assembled the cast of Bling Empire”. Yahoo!News. January 19, 2021. Accessed 29 January, 2021.
- Lee, Jocelyn. “S'pore rich kid sells $20k worth of branded items for charity”. The New Paper. March 5, 2015. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- Saadan, Andrea. “Get to Know Kane Lim From Netflix's "Bling Empire"”. Tatler Hong Kong. January 21, 2021. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- “Licensees”. California Department of Real Estate. n.d. Accessed 2 February, 2021.
- Shenton, Zoe. “The net worth of the Bling Empire cast is going to blow your mind”. Cosmopolitan UK. January 21, 2021. Accessed 4 February, 2021.
- “What is Kane Lim’s net worth?”. PopBuzz. n.d. Accessed 4 February, 2021.
- “Meet Kane Lim of Kix Capital in International”. VoyageLA. February 5, 2019. Accessed 2 February, 2021.
- Lee, Jan. “Bling Empire's Kane Lim a real-life Crazy Rich Asian”. The Straits Times. January 21, 2021. Accessed 2 February, 2021.
- Cheow, Sue-Ann. “Bling Empire's Kane Lim a real-life Crazy Rich Asian”. The New Paper. August 27, 2018. Accessed 2 February, 2021.
- “Home”. Padme Services. n.d. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- Stewart, Melissa. “Stream it or skip it? Here are 10 things we hate about Netflix’s Bling Empire”. CNA Luxury. n.d. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- How, Mandy. “6 things to know about 31-year-old S'porean Kane Lim, star of Netflix's 'Bling Empire'”. Mothership. January 25, 2021. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- “‘Bling Empire’ on Netflix: everything we know about Singaporean cast member Kane Lim”. NME Asia. January 22, 2021. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- kanelk_k. Instagram. December 25, 2019. Accessed 1 February, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/p/B6eY5vXjhWC/
- “How We Help”. Miracles for Kids. n.d. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- kanelk_k. Instagram. July 9, 2017. Accessed 1 February, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/p/BWUHxjCF66x/
- “Sian Chay Medical Institution to organise charity gala to raise funds for the operations of 15 branch clinics”. Sian Chay Medical Institution. July 3, 2017. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- “S'porean 'Bling Empire' star Kane Lim selling LA property for S$4.8 million”. Mothership. January 27, 2021. Accessed 1 February, 2021.
- Ha, Arissa. “Bling Empire’s Kane Lim On Being Kiasu And What He Misses Most About Singapore”. Harper’s Bazaar. January 25, 2021. Accessed 2 February, 2021.
- Lee, Jocelyn. “'If I lose everything... at least I'm happy now'”. The New Paper. March 15, 2014. Accessed 1 February, 2021. Retrieved from AsiaOne.